I have had a camera in my hand since I was seven. An Agfa with a cube flash and 110 film.
How times have changed, I am now on my tenth Mac and sixth digital camera. But the goal is still the same... to produce beautiful photographs of the highest technical standard and in a style, which is modern yet timeless.
Since graduating from the Dun Laoghaire College of Art & Design, I worked initially in the advertising industry as a Graphic Designer and am now an award-winning Photographer working on a range of projects including portraits, landscapes, private commissions and commercial work.
I am based in Dublin, Ireland but have worked in Europe and for American companies.
My work has appeared in a range of publications including The Star, Irish Tatler, Sunday World, Weddings Irish Style, The Irish Wedding Diary, The Examiner and Evening Herald.
I have also been commissioned by the BBC for photographic work on 6 series of "Ripper Street" and the 3 episodes of "Quirke".
I worked as "Stills" Photographer on "Supervized".
• Exhibited three times in the The Red Stables, Dublin.
• Exhibited in the Association of Photographers, London.
• Fashion and portraits published in The Irish Wedding Diary, Weddings Irish Style, Love & Marriage, Sunday Independent, Irish Tatler, The Star, Evening Herald and Sunday World.
The quality of my work has been recognised by industry awards such as IPPA Best Fashion Portfolio 2012, IPPA Avante Garde Portrait Image 2008, IPPA Pictorial Image 2008, SWPP & BPPA Portrait Photographer of the Year 2007.
• Portrait Photographer of the Year 2018 - IPPVA
• Awarded Third Place in the Landscape Category for a Single Print and Portfolio in the FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2010.
• Best Fashion Portfolio 2012 - IPPA.
• Awarded Associateship of IPPA in May 2008.
• Avante Garde Portrait Photograph of the Year 2008 - IPPA.
• Pictorial Photograph of the Year 2007 - IPPA.
• Overseas Portrait Photographer of the Year 2007 - SWPP & BPPA.
• Spring winner - Kodak Photographer (Portrait) of the Year 2002.
• 7 Diamond, 51 Gold and 79 Silver IPPA Awards for Portrait, Fashion, Landscape, Open Art & Wedding photography since 2002.
• 18 Gold SWPP & BPPA Awards for Portrait, Landscape, Fashion, Glamour & Wedding photography since 2006.
I N T E R E S T S
I have been playing golf for the last twenty years at The Royal Dublin Golf Club on Dollymount beach. In recent times I have produced the photographs for their website which gives me good reason to practice both hobbies, golf and landscape photography.
For charity (Arthritis Ireland for Children) I have cycled from east to west of Ireland and back and for Mizen to Malin helping to raise over €36,000. I have always had an interest in cycling which helped in my work with Trek Bikes.
During college I learned how to script, film and edit both live action and animation. In the last year I have worked on four international film productions (Ripper Street, Calvary, The Food Guide to Love, Supervized & Quirke) in Dublin. Not only do I enjoy the big screen but the whole process.
Boating on the Shannon River has been a family holiday for over thirty years.
I have been involved with the 73rd Raheny Scouts Group over the last 7 years as a Beaver Leader and looking after their graphic and photography requirements.
RAHENY CAMERA CLUB
I helped found Raheny Camera Club in 2014 and was the Chairman for its first three years. It has grown from 25 members to over 75 members in that time.
Canon 5D Mk 3 on a Manfrotto 055 with a geared head. Fuji XT-2 on a 3 Legged Thing, Lee Graduated Filter and a Hahnel Captur Shutter Release.
All images on this site unless otherwise stated are the copyright of Owen O'Connor. All photographs appearing within this website unless otherwise stated are the exclusive property of Owen O'Connor and are protected under Irish & international copyright laws.
It is illegal to download, reproduce, copy, store, manipulate, project, use or alter in any way, alone or with use of any other material, or by use of computer or any other electronic means without the express written permission of Owen O'Connor. The use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of copyright. By entering and viewing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this copyright notice. No images on this web site are within the public domain.
Title to all photographs, transparencies and digital or electronic images, and other material whether analogue or digital hereafter called (‘The Works’) delivered to the client/customer remain the property of the photographer Owen O'Connor. The client/customer shall not be permitted to sell any of The Works without the prior agreement of the photographer, or pass these Works to any third party. In addition – these Works cannot be cropped in any manner, including any composite or distorted representation of these Works, without the prior written agreement of the photographer. Any unauthorised use or infringement will be subject to 100% uplift in addition to the appropriate fees.